Who can participate?
- Anyone with a disability whether it be physical, sensory or
cognitive and any level of disability.
- Any age.
- New to water skiing or experienced
- Competitive athletes.
Some examples of disabilities that can be accepted
- Visually impaired or blind
- Quadriplegic - arm strength, lack of, or hand
grip is not an issue.
- Mobility issues such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida, and spinal
- Autism and developmentally delayed
Participation and Registration:
Information and Registration sessions will be held prior to the start of the season -- check the
Schedule for date and location
details. To register for the program follow the directions in
the Registration page (see left menu).
For more information, please email us at Booking@SkiAbilityOttawa.ca
or call Ross at 613-692-4898. Please
provide the following information when sending email or leaving a
- Your full name -- and the participants full name if you
are applying for them
- Contact information (all that apply - eg. home
and cell phone and emails)
- A brief description of the disability
- Prior skiing experience if any (include any snow
- Any preferences or other information pertinent to a first
Once we have your request you will be contacted
within a few days by one
of the team members.
- The particpant should be somewhat comfortable in the water while
wearing a flotation device such as a life jacket or ski
- The participant must be able to accept
instructions at least at some basic level.
- A roll-over test, wearing a PFD (personal flotation device) may be required.
- Heavier skiers, over 90 kg, need to be somewhat independent for
In the event that the assessment team feels that personal safety may be
at risk, the candiate may be asked to consider other programs where risk
may be lower.
Please email Booking@SkiAbilityOttawa.ca
or call Ross Holden at 613-692-4898 if you require assistance, have
questions or need more information.